VEGAN Crock Pot Apple Crisp





I love making this, since it is my husband's favorite.  I have tried so many different versions over the years.  These last few weeks I have been using my crock pot more than ever, so I figured why not try it in there as well.  I can not remember where I first saw this recipe, probably pinterest. ;-)  But it is SOOOO good!  Go try it!!  If you don't have a crock pot, you can just use your stove pot for that part of the recipe.

(Mine is a bit dark, because I used wheat flour and coconut sugar which is already on the brown side.)



VEGAN Apple Crisp

Ingredients:

Fruit Filling 
4-5 apples, peeled and cubed
1 cup Coconut Sugar (or any type that you use)
2 T lemon juice
1-2 T cornstarch or arrowroot

Add all the above in the crock pot, stir it up and cook for about 2-3 hours until the apples are tender.  I had to add a little water to mine, since it was a bit dry, but don't add too much.

 Crumble Topping
1-2 C flour ( I used whole wheat)
1-2 C whole oats
1 C Coconut Sugar (or any type that you use)
1-2 t Cinnamon
1/2 - 3/4 C Vegan butter

Preheat your oven to 375F.  Yes, your oven, not the crock pot.
Mix together all the crumble topping dry ingredients.  Then slice up your butter in little "pats" and cut them into the mix or just use your fingers to incorporate them.  Pour your crumble topping over your fruit filling waiting in your nearby crock pot.  Mine was a bit dry for me, so I melted a bit more butter and drizzled it over the top and mixed it just a bit.

Remove your crock pot from its heater and place the stone bowl in the oven for about 20 minutes or until it gets browned enough for you.  (Yes the bowl will be hot, so use your oven mitts to set it in the oven. ;-))

Let it cool a bit and enjoy!

**We have some reheated leftovers the next morning with some almond milk and it was just as good.**