VEGAN Oriental Salad (copycat Applebee's)

I had that feeling.... you know...the one that says I really do not want to cook...I just want to go sit in a nice restaurant, namely "Applebee's," and have my meal handed to me without lifting a finger...., but the last time we ventured to Applebees we spent a boatload and most of the food just came home with us and sat in the fridge for a few days before I threw it out....so what did I do?....Well, I snapped back to reality, but I was still imagining that Oriental Salad... 

Now, it has been a very long, long time since I had an Applebee's Oriental Chicken Salad.  Even before I turned Veggie, I disliked the Chicken part of the salad,  but the dressing was always yummy.  Now I have since learned it is made with mayo, milk and eggs.  So, of course, I set out to get my hands on a Vegan version.  After many different recipes popped up on my google search, I took a bit from each of them and came up with my own, which I must say, tastes exactly like the one from Applebee's.  If you have ever had this salad, you will be very pleasantly surprised by this recipe, it is delicious!  We did not attempt to add a psuedo "chicken" to the salad.  I am not a big fan of fake meat and only use it on rare occasion.  This salad did not need any "meat," as everyone loved it as is. 
VEGAN Applebee's Oriental Salad

INGREDIENTS:

Maple Syrup
Rice Vinegar
Veganaise
Dijon Mustard
Toasted Sesame Oil
Sesame Oil
Romaine Lettuce
Cabbage or Coleslaw Mix
Green Onions
Shredded Carrots
Sliced Almonds
Chow Mein or Rice Noodles
Mandarin Oranges

PREPARATION: 

Dressing:

3 T Maple Syrup
3 T Rice Vinegar
3 T Veganaise
2 T Dijon Mustard
1/8 C. Toasted Sesame Oil*
1/8 C. Sesame Oil*

*I used a 1/4 measuring cup and added one of the sesame oils about halfway and then added the other to the top.*

Add all ingredients together and wisk until mixed well.  Chill in fridge, while you are preparing the salad. 


Salad: (These are all estimates and you can add more or less for your own tastes)

4-5 Heads of Romaine Lettuce, chopped
1-3 C. Carrots, shredded
4-5 Green Onions, chopped
2-3 C. Coleslaw Cabbage (I used bagged coleslaw)

Toss it all up together.

~We sprinkled the Mandarin Oranges, Sliced Almonds & Rice Noodles over the top with the dressing.  I did not mix it altogther, since some like more almonds, and some like more dressing, etc.~ 

Both kiddos had 2 helpings and hubby had 3.  It makes a ton, so there was even enough for lunch the next day.  So I stuffed it inside a pita.  Yummy!! Enjoy!