Homemade Tortillas


There are a ton of recipes circling the web, and I have been soo tempted to make my own tortillas, since my son eats them like they are cookies.  He has been begging me several times a day for about a week now, to make them.  I finally caved in last night.  It started out as a simple enough task, but then when hubbie got involved and my daughter even became a bit interested....eventually it became a family affair....  



------------------------------------------------------------------------------



HOMEMADE TORTILLAS
3 C flour
1 to 1 1/2 C water

In a large bowl combine the flour and one cup of water, add more as needed and mix well, until you have a good dough bowl.  Not too sticky, but not too dry.
On a floured surface knead the dough until soft.
Roll into about 12 balls.
Then on a floured surface take each ball and roll it as flat as you can.

Get your pan/griddle/skillet very hot.
Place one tortilla on the pan and cook for about 45 seconds. Turn it over for another 45 seconds. 

And that's all there is too it.