VEGAN Apple Oat Cake (crock pot)



Apple Oat Cake made from one of my ready-made mixes.  This one is not overly sweet, and tastes more like apple bread.  But since it was baked in a round pan, we must call it cake, right?  This was supposed to be a crockpot cake, but I ran out of time and ended up putting it in the oven instead.  Darn you 24 hour clock.....can't you just spare a few extra ones from yesterday when I was asleep??

Anyway, here ya go...

VEGAN Apple Oat Cake

Step 1:
4-5 Apples (I only used 2, so the bottom was not fully covered)
1 T. Cinnamon
3 T. Sugar
1-2 T. Lemon Juice
Cook your apples, cinnamon, sugar and lemon juice.  I put mine in the crockpot, since I was expecting to add the rest of the ingredients in there, but you could use a skillet if you are going to bake the cake.  And some people have even used apple pie filling. (for shame, I know, but hey, you do what you got to do).  Pour the cooked apples into a cake pan.
Step 2:
Yellow Cake Mix
1/4 C. Oil
1-2 T Vinegar
1 C. Sugar
2 T. Vanilla
1-2 C Water, as needed
Oats for topping
Preheat your oven to 350F.  Combine all cake ingredients and pour over your baked apples, top with more sugar and oats.  Bake for about 50 minutes, until a toothpick comes out clean.  Let it cool a bit and then devour it.  It would also be delicious topped with some Almond Dream.