VEGAN Crock pot Chili and Corn Muffins


Yep, more crockpot meals....  This time homemade chili and corn muffins - YUM!!

My son is a chili snob.  He is so picky about chili.  I think he should be a chili judge.

He liked this one, except he hated the peeled tomatoes, so he picked those out.


I was hoping to cook the corn muffins on top of the chili in the crockpot, but instead, I just made muffins.

**This could easily be a make ahead freezer meal.   Just put everything for the chili into a freezer bag instead of the crockpot.**

Most of these ingredients are relative to your own taste.  I did not use exact measurements, but did list the approximate amounts that I used. 

VEGAN / Veggie Chili
Ingredients:
Large Can of Pinto Beans
Can of White Beans
Can of Black Beans
Can of Red Beans
Can of Fire Roasted Tomatoes with Green Chilis
Can of Tomato Sauce
3-5 T. Minced Garlic
2-4 T. Chili Powder, to taste
3-5 T. Mustard, to taste
1-2 t. White Pepper, to taste
Red Onion, chopped
Green Bell Pepper,chopped

*Oil for the pan

Directions:

Saute your onion, bell pepper and garlic in about a tablespoon of oil.  Add to the bottom of crockpot.


Add other ingredients to the crockpot and cook on low for 5-6 hours.

I had way tooooo much for my corn muffins, so I just put the additional corn into the chili. 
And this was the only photo I had of the chili in the crockpot.

------------------------------------------------------------------
These corn muffins are soo easy when you have some premade mix on hand.  Just make each mix as you normally would and then add them together.   Yes, I was feeling really lazy today.
VEGAN Corn Muffins
Ingredients Part 1:
Cornbread Mix (we used Bob's Red Mill GF)
1/3 C Oil, of choice
1 1/2 C Milk, of choice
1/2 C Applesauce (not pictured, sorry)
Mix together, set aside.
Ingredients Part 2:
Vanilla Cake Mix (we used Bob's Red Mill GF) 
1/2 C Oil, of choice
3/4 C Applesauce (not pictured, sorry)
1/2 C Water
Mix together.  Add to cornbread batter.  Add corn if you choose.  
Bake at 350F for about 25 minutes, or until done. 

This make a lot of batter. We filled two 12 muffin tins, and had enough for a 12x6 dish as well.

We did one set of muffins with corn and one without. My son and his friend liked
the non-corn and my daughter, hubs and I enyoyed the corn filled goodies.

------------------------------------------------------------------
We crumbled the muffins on top of the chili - it was fantastic!!


We have created 4 different types of chili now, and my
son is pretty picky about what's "good."  Chili snobs can be
so high maintenance, sometimes. ;)
Tell us your favorite chili recipe. 
We may see if my chili snob thinks it's good and post the results?